Monday, June 8, 2009

Roger and Tiger

I'd say it is a pretty good Sports Sunday when you can see Roger Federer win his first French Open and Tiger Woods come from 4 down to with the Memorial with a 65. My two favorite athletes at the top of their game...nothing like it.

Over the last few years I have gained more respect and admiration for Federer through watching him play and conduct himself. He epitomizes class as well as excellence on ad off the court. I am fully aware of how fans often percieve athletes as something they are not, but I can't help but think that Roger is a genuine individual who is worth rooting for.

As for Tiger, what else can I say? I am extremely excited about his prospects for the U.S. Open, and who wouldn't be (other than every other tour pro)? When the best player in the world does not miss a fairway on the last day of the tournament before the U.S. Open, I'd say that is bad news for the rest of the players.

Congrats to the best I have ever seen, and hopefully there is a lot more to come...

1 comment:

  1. zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz

    ReplyDelete